Friday, September 2, 2011

The Crossfit Experience

So this week I started at a new gym. As many of you know, several months ago i started with the Crossfit training program. It was amazing, there were so many aspects of it that just made it completely worth it to me. Because of school and vacations and the hassle of moving out of state I had very little time to actually go to the gym, and as a result I stopped my membership. It was rough.
One of the first things I did when I moved here was get a grasp on where the closest Crossfit was going to be. When I found it I set up a time to get started.
My first workout was only six minutes. it involved rowing, situps, push ups, squats, and pullups. When I was done I could feel my stomach turn and wrench. IT WAS AWESOME.
Today was workout 2 and I'm terrified to think about how in pain I'm going to be tomorrow.
THe workout involved 20 kettle ball swings, 40 push presses, and 60 squats. you do that all 3 times.
When I got home I just sat cradling the garbage in my hands because I knew I wouldn't make it to a bathroom if I needed to throw up.
Quick side note, I totally get the irony of my posting this RIGHT AFTER i posted one about models throwing up in the mall, but I think there is a difference. Let me explain.
I don't like throwing up, and I avoid it at all possible costs. So just going and throwing up is hard for me to comprehend because I really love food too much. Now, feeling like you're going to throw up after a killer workout is different because for me I know that I gave it my-absolute-all. I know that the next time I step up to the kettle Ball I won't drop it, and I won't need to stop and I'll get to push myself to a new level.

Anyway the short of it is that I love Crossfit. for any of you trying to lose weight PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE look into this. if it doesn't work for you, then you can move on and try and find something else. If it does work for you then you can drink deeply from the Koolaid like I have and completely enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment