Alright, Today is my first day as an official Vegasonian (or
do we call ourselves Las Vegans?). To commemorate
that I am posting the first installment of Billy does Vegas. It isn’t anything major, just a few
observations.
It is hot up in here.
No, it actually isn’t terrible. The worst part is that my cold water faucet
kicks out mildly scalding water. I can
tell it’s the cold faucet because the hot water spews forth lava. Needless to say, I’m drinking more canned
soda. It seems like a safer option,
rather than scorching my tongue.
How did the Irish become so synonymous with alcoholism that,
even in Vegas—where Irish people can’t live as the sun would sear their skin
like a tuna steak, there are bars named after Irish people? Poor Irish people. I still love you, though I am sure we need to
stage an intervention.
Oh, MDRF, can we have a chit-chat for a minute? How are you?
Was your commute to work stress-free?
I sure hope so. Mine was a
delight. While stopped at the light on
Sahara, heading northbound, I noticed a car heading right towards me. Driving southbound. In the northbound lanes. Don’t worry.
She turned before entering the intersection, but she did get close
enough for me to notice that she was Asian.
I know it is a stereotype that Asians are bad drivers (and this
experience did nothing to correct that) but seriously though. How did Asians get such a bad rap as
drivers?
Also when I told the ladies at my work about the experience
they all said that the woman was clearly drunk.
IDK about that.

No comments:
Post a Comment