There's no sense going someplace if you aren't going to come back with a few good stories.
Thursday, January 12, 2012
These are a few of my favorite things
Alright, I get that it has been a while since I've posted anything. I apologize. I'd like to say that I'm going to post more, but I think this semester might kick my butt. I figured that a good way to start out this year was to list off a few of my favorite things, again. I like this segment. It helps me to stay grounded.
1-I love ties. I've been mistaken for faculty so many times it is starting to give me a complex. Today while walking through the student center several Employees addressed me, while ignoring the countless students walking past them, and said "good morning Sir, how are you?" This just was flattering to me. Being the paradigm of civility I responded graciously and appropriately.
2-being old. I'll admit it, I'm getting old. I might be young chronologically, but everyday I'm reminded of the disparity between my culture and the culture of students only 7-10 years different (oh good crap! some of these students are ten years younger than me... forget that I'm old). While working diligently at my computer I was aware that several underclassmen were moving towards my table. They were engaged in a heated debate about the merits and flaws of certain battle bots. I don't know what those are, but I'm assuming that it is something akin to the pogs of my generation. I have a few ideas about what caused this cultural rift, but I'm not totally sure of the causes so I'll hold off on giving those insights.
3-Burberry. I'm a fan of Burberry. it is a refreshing and pleasant scent.
4-Scarves. i think that the weather has dropped unbelievably. How grateful I am that I have such great clothes to fashionably keep away the cold.
Well I was going to continue with this list, but my table has been overrun by these underclassmen. A. no one has taught them how to apply deodorant, cologne, or clothing. B. they've started touching my belongings and moving them around. I think they are oblivious to the fact that I'm a bigger deal than they are.
This leads me to my insight of the day. if a Masters is the new Bachelors, then underclassman are the new HS students. At no time has this been more apparent to me than here, at this table.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment