Friday, December 30, 2011

LAME

okay. I thought I was going to post more during the holiday from school. I actually haven't wanted to turn on a computer, but today I decided to watch some movie trailers while I checked up on some emails and other correspondences. I saw a trailer for a new G.I.Joe. SPOILER ALERT! My initial reaction to the trailer was one of optimism. As a child I loved playing with G.I. Joe action figures. most of them ended up going against my X-men toys who were riding dinosaurs and locked down in a huge fort made out of furniture. The G.I. Joes didn't stand a chance, lets just put it that way. The first movie did an okay job with the whole story, so how could this one be any worse? Well it looks like the producers knew that it was going to be worse than the first one because the synopsis of the sequel talks about how much money the first movie made. I'm no expert, but that doesn't seem like a synopsis. What it does seem like is a plow to convince people to watch this movie based solely on the monetary success of its brother. The action sequences look original enough (or at least re-creations of older sequences)I lost all interest in the movie as soon as Bruce Willis made a cameo appearance. How old is he? more importantly, who keeps hiring him for action movies? And lastly, what a sad gimmick. The movie (and its producers) aren't confident enough in the films merits that they need to hire someone and throw it in like some safety net to make sure that the movie isn't a flop. I was going to post the trailer, but it just bugged me enough that I decided not to. If you feel so inclined it is on apple trailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment