Thursday, February 23, 2012

I meant to write this earlier today

Well, day 2 of lent (i promise I won't give a count each time). I kind of liked the idea of filling my FB time with blogging time. I had something on my mind all day that I wanted to write about, but I got home and realized that my crock pot had been on all day (That is the point of crock pots) but for some reason whatever I was cooking just did not smell very good. As soon as I walked in the door I completely forgot everything I wanted to write about and became fixated on how I can get the smell of burned peas out of my house. I was really excited for this stew because it smelled so good while it was beginning to cook, but I got home and it now just grosses me out. What is more embarrassing is that I somehow managed to mess up a crock pot recipe. WHO DOES THAT? apart from a toaster oven it is the most hassle free kitchen appliance EVER. Lest you think that I'm a terrible cook, let me note that I made chicken curry the other day, from scratch. It was really good. Also I make an amazing grilled chicken breast sandwich with bacon, avocado, tomato, spinach, and pesto. It is probably one of my favorite meals. ugghhh I seriously can only smell the burned stew. it is making me seriously sick to my stomach. Well I better go to bed. hopefully with the windows open things will just air out.

No comments:

Post a Comment