I've been up for more then an hour, and I haven't seen a hint of porange anywhere. gray would be the prevalent color outside. Also, mornings aren't as tranquil as I think most people believe. Before the sun was up a strange character known as medicus studentius of the dentus genus was already moving about. For those of you who don't speak latin this term refers to the elusive creature known as the Creighton Dental student. They were moving about and getting ready long before the sun came up. most of them hop in their cars and drive to campus well before the sun comes up. it is oddly reminiscent of vampires fleeing to their coffins in the morning. Oh well.
I also haven't heard anything by Rossini. Ya know what, forget it. forget Rossini. I would be completely content with a little Enya, or even silence (although Rossini would be a welcome change to the general clamor of the morning). B is an early-morning kind of guy. I have no problem with that, in fact it sort of acts as a reminder that I'm going to have to wake up in a few hours (This puts his wake up time in the 6:30 range, while mine is often closer to 10 AM. I'm lazy, whatcha gonna do about it?). The alarm clock on his phone reminds me of a song that I've only been able to remember while dreaming. Once I'm awake and conscious I can't even think of what his alarm clock sounds like, but when I'm asleep I hear it, I recognize that I hear it, and that I'm asleep and dreaming, and suddenly my dream takes a frantic turn (ohhhh like inception) and I'm on a quest to figure out what the song is. This morning I got one step closer. I've figured that it is a contemporary piece. I'll keep you posted.
What other noises are there?
Well there is the dog that lives upstairs, whose rhythmic snoring once terrified me because it sounded like a portal to Hell that was waiting to swallow me, but now it is kind of tranquil and helps me fall asleep like waves lapping against the side of a boat. He stops snoring around 3 AM and begins what I believe can only be a demonic dramatization of the Indi 500 where he runs around the room--his little nails clawing at the wood floor--for the rest of the night. It's terrifying. Much in the same way that I think it was terrifying for Roderick Usher to hear his buried-alive sister in the basement.
speaking of pits of hell. From my bed I can clearly hear the central air kick on. when the heater starts it makes a "click-click-click" noise until the gas catches fire and then the fan kicks on. This little symphony sounds something like this... click-click-click-proush-BHAAAAHROOOOOOOOM. its kind of exciting.
Also I'm not sure how many people live above me, but they must be terribly sleep deprived. They are up super late, and then get up super early. They are also loud. Those of you that know me might be thinking "well, this is the pot calling the kettle black!" Yes I'm loud, but nothing like this. I've been privy to all of their conversations, and lets just say that I know of a marriage that is on the rocks because someone forgot to "microwave dinner" while someone was getting their nails done. I sort of want to go microwave something for them, and just put it on their doorstep, but I think that would freak them out more than help.
Anyway, its morning, and I'm now awake, so I figured I'd write a little something.
...and what a something that was. Wow. I'm nearly speechless.
ReplyDelete