Friday, December 16, 2011

And on the 8th day God gave man language . . .

Usually I don't enjoy going to midnight showings of movies. I'm sure there was a time where this was appealing to me, but I'm afraid that I've grown a too old for this. When my friend informed me that we had tickets to see Sherlock Holmes I'll admit that I was excited. There were some great trailers. The new-and final-batman released a trailer which was thoroughly exciting. But I'll admit that my real joy came from from the movie itself. The first movie was so impressive, and I just loved the portrayal of Sherlock, and the way that he mentally worked through all the problems in his head before it actually happened. I also recently (and I mean before I moved out east) completed the series. I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone, especially since I'm writing this less than 30 minutes after getting out of it. I just love seeing how people navigate movies and literature. I love movies, they give something that books can't. I love books, they tell stories that movies never will be able to. If you haven't read any of the stories (they are short, people. go read them. it takes a few hours). They are so much fun, and many of you will know my mantra that language and especially writing is a God given gift that far too few people take advantage of, and most of them fail to develop. At this point I can feel my fingers getting tired, and I know that if I don't just post this soon that it will just start turning into ramblings, and other such nonesasnd,and sasodkntasjd, andu ,saslod, haha. good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment