Friday, December 2, 2011

I can't wait

Apart from that Baz Lurman (?) remake of Romeo and Juliet, there is nothing I like better then a retelling of an old story. Fortunately for me we have TWO versions coming out of the beloved Snow White. Let me first start by saying that one of these movies looks amazingly well done, and the other stars Kristin Stewart. :[



I'm really excited for this movie mostly because I love that julia Roberts looks amazing. She must sleep in a vat of preservatives because she is not aging, and she just looks really good. well played Julia, well played.
The other version, which does about as much for Snow White as Twilight did for vampires, looks just awful. apart from some pretty impressive special effects I just can't stand Kristin Stewart. I've seen rocks show more facial expressions then her.


I hope you all have a Merry Christmas. I'm really sorry that I haven't written more over the past few weeks. I'm a little tied up in final projects, but I promise to provide links to all my projects so you can see what has taken up all of my time.

1 comment:

  1. See, I must confess that I disagree with you here.
    I detest Julia Roberts with every fiber of my being. Although I would concede that an evil queen would be the perfect role for her....
    The two movies are two completely different perspectives aimed at two completely different audiences. The Kristin Stewart one is aimed at telling the story for the action-adventure, Lord-of-the-Rings crowd.
    It appears (at least from this clip) that the Julia Roberts version is a comedy, one that would be safe to take your children to see. I would have been willing to see it save for the apparent potty humor joke every 6.3 minutes. I think I will suffer the Kristen Stewart version instead.
    Remember, Will: Hollywood has let you down before. (grin)


    -----------------------------
    Word Verification: "cogleake": what one has when the clockworks in Ye Olde Clock Shoppe begin to wear out.

    ReplyDelete